Staging Your House
How To Stage Your House for an Open House
Prior to placing your home on the market, consider a surefire way to sell your house: expert home staging. Some advantages to home staging include fewer days on the market and more offers. Think about professional home staging for a quicker home sale.
Think of staging your house as creating an "image" for your home like an agent would do for a famous client. Just like creating a style garners more positive attention to an actress, staging makes your home look better when its on the market.
Homes absent of furniture stay more days on the market. As a real estate professional living and working in Yucca Valley, I can help you stage your house so that your home sells fast. Making ready your home to sell shouldn't be thought of as a nerve-racking experience. It can actually be a blast. Together, we'll work to get top dollar bid for your property.
If you want to know the details of home staging to sell your home quickly in Yucca Valley, contact Inspire Property Management and we'll use our Yucca Valley expertise for the fastest ways to sell your house.
For fewer days on the market in Yucca Valley, California, use these interior staging tips:
Curb Appeal Checklist
Inspect the outside ground. Remove any building materials, scrap wood, discarded household items, etc. from the property. Store garbage cans in the garage.
Check the home from the roof line down.
- Is the roof free and clear from obstructions and moss?
- Are the gutters clear and neatly hung?
- Are the windows clean and free from obstructions (such as overgrown bushes or trees)?
- Are bushes, trees and shrubs neatly pruned?
Inspect the condition of the paint or siding?
- Is it time to power wash the siding?
- Is touch up paint needed?
- Is the front door in good shape?
Do flower beds need an upgrade?
- Are plants neatly pruned?
- Is the bed free and clear of weeds?
- Is the bed properly mulched?
- Are flowers in bloom?
Keep the lawn neatly groomed.
- Is the lawn free from weeds?
- Is the lawn free from grass clippings?
- Is the lawn neatly edged?
Staging Your Home Checklist
Remove all clutter from the house.
- Are countertops free and clear?
- Have you removed unnecessary furniture throughout the house?
- Remove the art gallery and coupon collection from the refrigerator.
Check the bathrooms.
- Are the surfaces clean and clear?
- Are shower curtains and doors hung properly?
- Is the flooring clean and fresh?
- Are towels neatly hung?
Check the walls.
- Is paint and wallpaper fresh and clean?
- Are the walls free from holes?
- Are there any colors or objects on the walls that need to be removed?
Check the floors.
- Is the carpet clean and free from stains?
- Are hard surface floors clean and free from stains?
Check windows and window coverings.
- Are all the windows clean?
- Are draperies and blinds clean?
- Are there any signs that this is a pet's home? Be sure to clean and remove kitty litter, pet toys and bedding.
How's the aroma?
- Try to air out the home prior to showings.
- If air freshener is necessary, use well before showings as a consideration to those with allergies.
Set the mood prior to showings.
- Open draperies and blinds.
- Turn on the radio to a classical music station, set the volume on low.
- If you have time, cook a batch of cookies to have the warm, welcoming aroma permeating the home.